setting a location for my event, too high?

Erik Kayo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5183 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi!   I am trying to set the landing point for an event at my store,   when i choose the parcel i get an error:

Please correct the following:

• Please enter a valid Z coordinate.

my store is at 1000m high....  when i go down to the ground and set that as a landing point it works fine..... but thats my private home..    its a very large parcel, i am owner, and it's set in search.   so i don't see why i can't host an event at my store.   

any ideas ?

Thanks!!

5 answers to this question

Yes it is a known bug.  Event locations need to be below 768m to work.  You hit on one of the work arounds.  Move your landing point to the ground, enter your event and then move your landing point back.  As long as your land parcel Teleport Routing is set to Landing Point, your guests will arrive at the proper location.

--Cinn

They haven't fixed that bug yet? Geeze.... it's been reported ever since they raised the Build limit from 768 Meters to 4096 Meters. The servers are all still hard-coded to not accept an event listing location higher than the obsolete building height restriction.

Apparently, you'll have to list the event as happening at a skybox at 750 M or so, and have a teleporter in that skybox to get up to the actual venue at a higher altitude.

seems all the fixed was the ability to work around it by changing your teleport landing spot..  it changed it to the ground, then set the event..  changed my landing spot to the store up high and set to routh teleports there... didnt work..   another example of LL ignoring our needs..   oh well thanks everyone for your help,  looks like ill have some visitors to my personal home.. not so bad i guess.. 

Message was edited by: Erik Kayo because i can't type

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5183 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.