Crashing when using search (and a Linden Homes question)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5181 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello, this happens to be my first "question."

I am part of the teen grid in SL and have recently started crashing every single time I attempt to enter search, many of my friends (but not all of them) are having the same issue.  It does not matter what viewer I'm using.  Is it possible we are doing something wrong?  Is there a fix?  It seems strange that so many people have lost access to such a vital feature of Second Life, granted, the Teen Grid has been wonky for quite awhile now.

Also, a much less important question, though the answer is probobly just as upsetting:  Are Linden Homes availible to Teen Grid residents?

5 answers to this question

When I was on the Teen Grid between 2006-2008..Linden Lab did TG office hours, snowball fights, birthday events and dj events. Linden Lab don't do that anymore and sadly I have been hearing the experience there is getting worse every month. May not be the case for some.

Linden Homes will not be on the Teen Grid and don't forget LL added Bay City regions back in May 2008.

They do have premium accounts there, along with the $1000L sign up bonus and the $300L stipend.  http://teen.secondlife.com/pricing

Since they have a structure that is like ours, the Linden homes would be a nice touch for the teen grid, IMO

My daughter is on the teen grid and I know that her friends and her have been complaining about the Search feature being glitchy.  Sometimes it works and sometimes they crash.  We've attempted to use different viewers to see if that was the issue and it doesn't really make a difference but, I will be interested Avatar if you get a response from your ticket, since this does appear to be an ongoing issue.

PS. went back to look at the pricing on SL teen and noticed that though they have the signing bonus and the stipend there, there is no mention of the 512sq/m free land that we have here.  It would be a double bonus then for them if the Linden home idea was made available to them, a free house and some free land.

Message was edited by: Leigh Baily - to add the PS portion of the message

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5181 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.