I am new and was working on clothes, was Naked. Now banned from some places? Sorry! Help

HypatiaLee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3776 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Hi Hypatia,

Welcome to Second Life!

Ah, you remind me of my early days in SL. Now you know that you're visible all the time, even when changing. For that reason, I advise replacing clothing, not taking it off. That way you're never actually naked. One outfit simply displaces another. If you "Wear" an article of clothing or an attachment, it'll bump off anything occupying the same clothing layer or attachment point. If you "Add" an article of clothing, it'll layer be added to anything already there.

If, after "Wear"ing or "Add"ing all the articles you want, you've got something you'd like to remove, do it then. There's no need to remove clothing before you wear something else. And if you do want to go naked, say to evaluate skins, find a quiet spot to do so. The map will show you places that are unoccupied (no green dots). I used to change under a barge in a canal!

As for being banned, it happens. Explain your mistake to the sim owner and maybe you'll be allowed back in. If not, move on. SL is expansive and there are plenty more places you can accidentally be banned from!

Good luck, have fun, don't worry too much!

;-).

• Like 1

It happens.  Everyone has experienced a clothing failure at least once in SL.  Personally, I lost count years ago.  Until you are confident enough to change clothes in public, though, I suggest finding a nice quiet place like

1. under water

2. in a skybox

3. on a deserted sim

4. in your own home

and then remember the basic rule for changing in public: "Change layers closest to your skin first, then work outwards."  That way you will always have something under the most visible layer of clothing.  The only time when that rule doesn't work is when you only have one layer, as when you are wearing a bikini. That's when you go under water briefly or just take a chance.

BTW, I know it's easy to get flustered when you find yourself naked in public.  Just take a quick deep breath and hit the HOME button before the surprised people around you know what happened.  :smileytongue::smileyvery-happy:

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3776 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.