Why are the Lindens bouncing Abuse Reports... over and over I get a bounced notice in my email.

DoctorEigen Flow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Over and over I get a notices in my email telling me that an 'abuse report' I made while in-world, was refused and so not noted.  

My last one tonight was about someone supposedly two days old, who is using a COPY BOT.  I watched in a sandbox as they duplicated other people's objects within seconds and so I reported them to the sandbox owner who banned them, and sent an abuse report in, which got bounced.  This is the third reports I've sent in in a couple of weeks that got bounced.  I am making the reports through my SL viewer.  I think it would be better for everyone involved in SL if the Lindens simply admitted that in almost all cases, they don't care.  Then my time in SL would be spent simply leaving a sandbox and going somewhere else, rather than standing there like an idiot and filling out a report form as if somehow my effort will help improve it for everyone else...

JUST BE HONEST LINDENS!

4 answers to this question

Doc,

just so we have a basis to comment from, please post the text of the email you received from Linden Lab after posting the A.R.

This is what I got the last time I A.R.'d

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for taking the time to submit a Second Life abuse report. If the reported incident violates Second Life's Community Standards or Terms of Service, we will take appropriate action.

What happens next?
If any further information is required, Linden Lab will contact you regarding this incident.

Will Linden Lab follow up with you after the investigation is closed?
Linden Lab examines each abuse incident independently and will not disclose the resolution of abuse/community standards violations with Second Life Residents, except when necessary to introduce a new or amended policy. Linden Lab will not disclose incident details including (but not limited to): identity of the reporter, details of chat logs, resolution of incidents, and/or suspensions/banning of Second Life Residents.

We hope that this will be the last of any unpleasant encounters for you inworld. If you continue to experience problems with a Resident, please file a new inworld abuse report for each new incident and we will investigate each report independently.

To file an abuse report while inworld, select Help > Report Abuse...

For more information on abuse reports, please take a look at our "Guide to Filing an Abuse Report" article or our "Report Abuse" video in the Second Life Knowledge Base:
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Guide_to_Filing_an_Abuse_Report.

Best regards,

Linden Lab
945 Battery Street
San Francisco, CA 94111
www.secondlife.com

• Like 1

When you sent the abuse report it goes directly through the SL system, not through your E-mail provider. The last person I heard with that problem was actually just getting the confirmation of the abuse report that is sent from Linden Labs blocked by their E-mail provider, not the AR itself.

• Like 1

According to Soft Linden, 

I've verified that this is not preventing ARs from going through, and it is not happening to all ARs, only a small subset.

We're going to fix the way AR notification mails are triggered. The existing system is a kludge that didn't adapt well to being moved to Google services.

See BUG 5628 in the newly re-opened jira and also this discussion at SLU.

• Like 2

Did you get something like this? I have gotten this the last 5 times I tried to report abuses.

Mail Delivery System
To Me

Today at 10:27 AM
----- Forwarded Message -----

This is the mail system at host sim10416.agni.lindenlab.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<indra-abuse@secondlife.com>: host aspmx.l.google.com[74.125.129.27] said:
    550-5.7.1 Unauthenticated email from yahoo.com is not accepted due to
    domain's 550-5.7.1 DMARC policy. Please contact administrator of yahoo.com
    domain if 550-5.7.1 this was a legitimate mail. Please visit 550-5.7.1
    http://support.google.com/mail/answer/2451690 to learn about DMARC 550
    5.7.1 initiative. oh6si5794662pbb.12 - gsmtp (in reply to end of DATA
    command)
https://osiris.lindenlab.com/csr/home.php/ReportDetails/2c531e0ad1bc4affa9d89f0bd2a89e3d,ab5f58ef-0d2b-343d-6573-37773b497f1b

Object Name: podolski23 Resident
Object Owner: b6163daa-9d75-4b3e-86d1-c5b10353f8ee
Object UUID: b6163daa-9d75-4b3e-86d1-c5b10353f8ee
Asset ID: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
Object Position: { 178.761, 130.905, 63.2735 }

V4.6.1.40478

Object: podolski23
Owner: podolski23
Abuser name: podolski23 
Abuser location: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/LR%2021/155/187/36 
impeding ones movements by deliberately running right infront or behind less than .5 meters or trying to run in the exact same space one was in before this arrived in the sim

Would be nice to have an explanation.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.