PROPOSAL: Texture memory increase

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

kiramanell wrote:

Rolig Loon wrote:

Only a moderator can remove a post.  Nobody else has that power.  Also remember that the
say

We prohibit abuse of our moderation process, including the following:
  • Posts that discuss or re-post material that has been removed or locked by a moderator
  • Posts questioning a moderator’s decision

Then it would behoove a moderator to have the courtesy to at least inform me that a post has been removed (and wasn't just eaten by the server). Although I can't for the life of me imagine why someone would remove a simple post with a link to a Jira in it.

Also, no offense, but you are not a moderator. So, please don't tell me I can't question a moderator's decision when it's entirely unclear (to you as well) that a moderator was even involved to begin with

Anyone can report a post for innapropriate content but only a Moderator can remove it.

We are supposed to recieve a private message here informing us why it was removed but it seems we don't always get them.

(Also Rolig was only referencing the Community Standards:  They are what states we can't.  Whether or not Mods act on people questioning is sometimes hit and miss).

kiramanell wrote:

Rolig Loon wrote:

Only a moderator can remove a post.  Nobody else has that power.  Also remember that the
say

We prohibit abuse of our moderation process, including the following:
  • Posts that discuss or re-post material that has been removed or locked by a moderator

Then it would behoove a moderator to have the courtesy to at least inform me that a post has been removed (and wasn't just eaten by the server). Although I can't for the life of me imagine why someone would remove a simple post with a link to a Jira in it.

Also, no offense, but you are not a moderator. So, please don't tell me I can't question a moderator's decision when it's entirely unclear (to you as well) that a moderator was even involved to begin with

Rolig did not tell you you can't question a moderator's decision. Rolig quoted Linden Lab telling you that.

Here's the entire paragraph from the page Rolig linked you to...

• Abuse of Moderation or Moderators: Please honor our moderation process and the decisions that come out of it; they are being made in order to provide you with a productive environment for conversations about Second Life. We prohibit abuse of our moderation process, including the following:
    • Posts that discuss the status of any Resident account (e.g., on hold, suspended, etc.)
    • Frivolous or malicious use of the abuse report feature

That said, we question LL's (and each other's) wisdom here all the time. As Perrie says, whether action is taken against guideline infractions is hit or miss. It's also unknown to us whether appropriate posts that are reported as inappropriate will get pulled.

It was clear to Rolig, and to everyone else who understands the operation of the forum that pulled posts always involve a moderator. That is not to say that pulled posts always involve moderation.

;-).

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

It was clear to Rolig, and to everyone else who understands the operation of the forum that pulled posts always involve a moderator. That is not to say that pulled posts always involve moderation.

;-).

And it was clear to me, even after posting the last few days, that posts don't necessarily 'take', as it were: the other day one of my posts in this thread had disappeared after a few seconds as well, but stayed when I reposted it.

And that's the last thing I'm gonna say about it, as this thread gets derailed this way.

Back on-topic: a friendly person over at Jira just informed me that, apparently, Linden is already working on this. :) See:

https://bitbucket.org/lindenlab/viewer-tiger/commits/8425f76bbb1de290c9c4956a2e0579d4a05a0112

• 4 weeks later...

You know I have tried everyhting I was told to deal with the blurring.....for some reason does not help.. then ther eis the mesh not showing up.. tried everthing with that too..... One thing both have in common.......That is the introduction of mesh viewers and project cloudy ( yes I know it is project sunshine)....My graphics card I replaced just over two years ago.. before mesh viewers... or right before it .. anyway.. Everything ran and loaded like a dream, my lag was gone adn omg the detail....it was like discovering SL all over again......But now.... I get laggy,  blurry textures.....mesh not loading till I click on it.... even sculpts are deformed.....somtimes till I texture refresh... or I relog if it is bothering me too bad... as I said I have done all that was suggested... now I am left to  researching a new graphic card..........:matte-motes-stress:

LadyPetunias Audion wrote:

You know I have tried everyhting I was told to deal with the blurring.....for some reason does not help.. then ther eis the mesh not showing up.. tried everthing with that too..... One thing both have in common.......That is the introduction of mesh viewers and project cloudy ( yes I know it is project sunshine)....My graphics card I replaced just over two years ago.. before mesh viewers... or right before it .. anyway.. Everything ran and loaded like a dream, my lag was gone adn omg the detail....it was like discovering SL all over again......But now.... I get laggy,  blurry textures.....mesh not loading till I click on it.... even sculpts are deformed.....somtimes till I texture refresh... or I relog if it is bothering me too bad... as I said I have done all that was suggested... now I am left to  researching a new graphic card..........:matte-motes-stress:

'Interest list' (what the viewer renders when, so to speak) problems with mesh are common, but are not a viewer issue, really.

And a new card? Get one if you feel like getting one. :) But you're not gonna use > 512MB texture memory in SL because of it.

A Linden closed my Jira, btw (with a reference to a case you can't look up). So, let's just hope they're still working on it.

LOL well lets hope cause it is a bit less sunshiney for me...more like cloudy and over cast.  The graphics card I have not I use to be able to have the settings on High.. that was the suggested setting, where they put it at when I got this card. Now it want to put that setting lower...I will do my research and hedge my bets on a new card...it will not be for a month or so.. but going with my gut...:matte-motes-wink-tongue: well in sl my gut is hollow lol doe to alpha layer but I will work with what gut I got! LOLOL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.