Searching for a Clothing Mesh Artist (Second attempt: New info)

SpinAcces

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello There! it's the first time i try out the SL comunityForum lol

Like the title is saying i'm searching for a a good Clothing Builder and scripter... why scripter also ? actually what i want is to make a cape (i have the model of it ) with a flexible movement, someone told me that flexible Mesh isn't avaible yet in SL unfortunatly..

So she told me that what is possible instead is to create multiple position of the same cape and then with a script it cwould give the illusion of moving...

Or maybe there is some others better solutions ?

any help ? any ideas  i'm willing to pay for the work OBIVOUSLY haha ^ ^

SpinAcces wrote:

Hello There! it's the first time i try out the SL comunityForum lol

Like the title is saying i'm searching for a a good Clothing Builder and scripter... why scripter also ? actually what i want is to make a cape (i have the model of it ) with a flexible movement, someone told me that flexible Mesh isn't avaible yet in SL unfortunatly..

So she told me that what is possible instead is to create multiple position of the same cape and then with a script it cwould give the illusion of moving...

Or maybe there is some others better solutions ?

any help ? any ideas  i'm willing to pay for the work OBIVOUSLY haha ^ ^

flexi prims or just accept rigged mesh for what it is, multiple positions to animate the amount that you'd probably need would be inefficient.

If you kept the polygon count down per cape position it probably wouldn't be that bad.

Too bad we can't animate normal maps and specular maps like we can diffuse maps.

A normal map set to slide from top to bottom would give a nice illusion of the cap swaying.

"Too bad we can't animate normal maps and specular maps like we can diffuse maps"

Not sure why you say that. The normal and specular maps get animated along with the diffuse map. This is especially useful for rippling water. They can't, however, be animated independently, whichj is a pity. So you can't have the ripples moving while the diffuse texture stays put. Maybe that's what you meant? It should work with a solid color texture, but not with one where there's a pattern that needs to stay fixed.

Drongle McMahon wrote:

"Too bad we can't animate normal maps and specular maps like we can diffuse maps"

Not sure why you say that. The normal and specular maps get animated along with the diffuse map. This is especially useful for rippling water. They can't, however, be animated independently, whichj is a pity. So you can't have the ripples moving while the diffuse texture stays put. Maybe that's what you meant? It should work with a solid color texture, but not with one where there's a pattern that needs to stay fixed.

Yes Drongle that is what I was thinking.  Animating just the normal map and maybe specular map while the the diffuse map doesn't move.  I should have made that more clear.  My bad. :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone ! it's me again (:

Well since i had clear answers about the price of what i was asking lol i'm now searching for something more simple.

I want to find a normal Builder that could build me a rigged mesh cape (: i have the model oh what i want that i could show you, if someone is interested please IM me

Spinacces SpeendaSh

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone ! it's me again x:

Yeah i didn't gave up yet ! well i didn't gave up but i wanted to edit my request though..

i'm replying to this thread because i was scared to be scloded for creating a new one that is pretty much the same x: well if i don't get any answer i'll be forced too though >.<

So ! let's talk about business guys !

Here is what i'm searching for this time : a clothing Mesh Artist that could make me a rigged coat/cape i have the model of it inworld because some mesh artist did it for me it was ALMOST done ! but then she gave uo and never finished it...

My budget is : 2000L$ (but we can negotiate...)

So that's pretty much all x:

Anyone ? (:

(You can im me inworld : SpeendaSh (SpinAcces) )

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.