What do I have to consider about a motherboard?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3690 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Don't really need to spend much on the mobo, I just received the http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-h87g43 in the mail today. Will be putting my pc together tomorrow or the next once my GPU arrives.

Graphics cards will fit any newer mother board. Just make sure its an intel mother board for the cpu.

Just using it for gaming? i5 makes me think so

Go with a simple gaming board, you won't need more than 16 gigs, so this is a good board

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-h81mitx

Compact so you can pick a small case (Albeit mind that graphics cards dimensions!) and take up a small about of room on your desk

Creating and developing programs isn't too intensive on CPU/RAM/Or GPU so that won't be an issue. When you start to get into rendering or large calls for programs.. Thats when you need more cpu/GPU

What you have no will do fine for getting started with programming.

eta: pcpartpicker's forum is a great place if you're looking to get help with a budget build. They'll give you top notch for your dollar, and in the area you want your pc to excel in.

What you have no will do fine for getting started with programming.

Sorry, English is not my main language, here you meant it will do fine?

and yes rendering must be what is on my mind to achieve, thanks for the help.

Sorry Fine makes it seem like its not good :P

What you have will work for waht you want to do.

I recommend actually putting the pc together in pcpartpicker, and having the people on the forums (Or me) go over it and get what you want out of it :) 

Just IM Me inworld if I dont catch the reply to this forum

If going for an nVidia GeForce GPU, buy one made by Zotac. Very good quality and they use a heavier duty cooling fan for them as well as factory overclocking it within acceptable tolerances. That last means that with the better fan, it performs heat wise about the same as most other manufacturers. Avoid buying one made by PNY if you can, their cooling systems tend to fail quickly.

The board will limit you in how much you can upgrade, having only one PCIe slot and two RAM slots.I also notice that it's a mini-PCIe slot; I don't know if that limits you to certain cards or if they are compatible with regular PCIe. A micro-ATX board would probably give you more options.

The simple rule of thumb is to spend as much as you can afford!

I built a new pc just before Christmas and i am wishing i paid more and got a better Graphics card, i opted for a factory overclocked 660 GTX and don't get me wrong it runs sl fine!

As to system boards/mother boards again spend as much as you can I have a Gigerbyte G1 87 sniper and it rocks it has a atheros killer network card built in and it rocks I did have problems with the onboard sound card drivers and flash kept crashing them but i now have a very good sound card the board is built for overclocking and i have the fastest i5 haswell cpu money can buy and its also overclockable,

One thing about small format motherboards is they can be tricky to set up in a small case and lack of air flow, thats why i opted for a full atx board and a bigish case with good airflow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3690 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.