Weird issue with the new mesh avatars

ArturHall

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3722 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there, there are some new basic avatars when you create an account on second life.

I have choosen mine but in world it looks weird. It's like a have long lines following me. White on my head blue on my shirt etc

I can't see properly these new avatars. Not only mine, I'm on an orientation island and everybody around me look like that. Why? If you can help me thanks.

ArturHall wrote:

Hi there, there are some new basic avatars when you create an account on second life.

I have choosen mine but in world it looks weird. It's like a have long lines following me. White on my head blue on my shirt etc

I can't see properly these new avatars. Not only mine, I'm on an orientation island and everybody around me look like that. Why? If you can help me thanks.

That can be a problem with certain video cards. Go to "Preferences" - "Graphics" - "Advanced" and take the check mark out of the box next to "Hardware Skinning."

Artur, if Theresa's solution doesn't work for you, another possibility is that it is a viewer issue.  Fitted mesh looks stretched out for a long distance on older viewers.  Since the new mesh avatars are fitted mesh, that could be what's happening.  Make sure you are using the most up to date viewer and see if it disappears (things appear normal). 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3722 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.