cant find notification on me winning free hair ..HELP

Brooke323

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i was on SL on my mobile & i saw a notification saying i won free hair & it had an accept button but.....i decided to wait till i logged in on my laptop but now im on my laptop i cant find this notification...does any1 know how i can find it?? i went bk on my mobile but it is no longer there either...im feeling so sad ..can somone plsee help me  ???

3 answers to this question

If you didn't accept it then it is lost forever as it does not go into your inventory.  If you know who the person was that said you won the hair, you may be able to get a replacement if you are polite and explained what happened.  If the hair was not copy, then you are out of luck I'm afraid, as there is no way you can prove that you didn't give the hair to someone else and just want another copy.

• Like 1

Amethyst might not be entirely correct.  If you didn't hit Decline and were not in Busy mode, the hair was probably delivered.  Check your inventory, in three places.  It might be in Received Items (if it came from the Marketplace), but more likely it is in your Objects folder, with the symbol of a little cube, or in a new inventory folder with the name of the hair.

If you don't find it somewhere in your inventory, then the offer was declined, and it's nowhere.  You'll have to try the Midnight Mania board, or whatever gift-giving thing it was sent from, again. 

If it was a group gift, you can still get it.  Open the Groups window, select the Group that sent the offer.  Look in the Notices tab, and order the notices by date.  You may see one with an attachment.  Open it, and save the attachment.

Good luck!

• Like 3

If you mean you're looking for the notification, you should somewhere on your screen have a little envelope icon with a number superimposed (probably next to the icons representing group and individual messages).   That represents notifications that you've not dealt with.   Try left clicking to open the list and scrolling down to see if the missing announcement is still there. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.