Help..Avie keeps folding in half

Charlotte Carlucci

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5229 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Can anyone tell me why my avie keeps folding in half? This started a couple days ago. It happens intermittently, but is happening more and more often. None else sees it, I have asked several people if they see it. Im not wearing any new attachments, I have removed all attachments, removed all scripts from attachments, dumped cache, relogged. Nothing has helped. Please someone help me get my head out of my @#*.

8 answers to this question

Hello Charlotte, please see Reducing lag and How do I check for packet loss (network lag)?

• Make sure your computer meets all of the Minimum System Requirements.It's best to exceed them in order to prevent bottlenecks, since theminimum system requirements are the minimum hardware required to runSecond Life at all. A slower processor, older video card, or low memorycan contribute to low framerates.
  • Make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card.
  • Take a look at the graphics settings in the Preferences window if you haven't already. Try moving the Quality and Performance slider to Low.
  • Check to see if your hard drive light is showing a lot ofactivity. If it is, then your system may be running low on memory andusing hard drive swap space instead, which is significantly slower.
  • You might need to turn your bandwidth settings down in the Preferences window if your computer is receiving more network data than it can handle.
  • Make sure your Internet connection meets Second Life's minimum system requirements.
  • If you're using wireless networking, you should trytroubleshooting with a direct wired connection; we allow, but do notsupport the use of wirless network connections.
  • Try opening the Statistics bar and seeing what your Ping Sim and Packet Lossvalues are. The ping values are the time (in milliseconds) it takes toreach the server from your computer. If this number is high, it couldindicate a problem with your network or internet connection. If Packet Loss is a nonzero number, your network or ISP may be having issues.

What is packet loss? Packets of data travel across computer networks, including the Internet, home or any corporate network. If one or more of these packets fails to reach its destination, packet loss occurs. These lost or dropped packets can result in performance issues.

If your network transport protocol provides for packet recovery, a transmitted packet that is lost will be re-sent. However, it will be re-sent along with every other packet of data that had been sent after it. This causes the overall throughput of the connection to drop.

Typical causes of packet loss.

High packet loss results in "lag".Connection difficulties can lie in any of the following sources: 
  • Your home network
  • Use of a wireless network
  • Your ISP
  • A third-party Internet connection between your ISP and our host.
  • Occasionally with our provider's network.

Hope this helps

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5229 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.