there is a glitch in the land costs on some of my builds

Chance Acoustic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, I've just made a chair for a normal size avi out of 3 prims.  In the edit window it says it's 3 prims so I didn't accidently link it to my house or anything like that - but the land costs are 74 prims!. It's not possible. It had a sit target script which rezzed an extra helper but i deleted that once i didn't need it. Over the last few weeks I've had a problem with builds that suddenlt have insufficient land resources to link them. They suddenly disappear when i'm editing the. They go back to inventory and i can't get them out again because of the 'parcel is too full' error. I've tried on the sandboxes but i just can't get them out of inventory so I guess the objects are permannetly corrupted, somehow. Has anyone else had problems with this?  Is there some kind of griefing tool that does this? This is nothing to do with the changes in the cost of mesh. I have another chair I made earlier in the day where the 1 prim seat is costed at 7 prims. The same seat in the later chair (same size, etc) is costed at 10 prims. I have chair legs  which are mesh, costed at 1 prim and 2 prim in different chairs.

2 answers to this question

It all depends on what sort of prims you are using.  Once you link prims to mesh, your piece will be rated under the L.I. system.  Prims that have been cut, or dimpled, or hollowed, or prims that create a heavy server load (like torii) will drive your L.I. up.  Some scuplties will do that too.  It's not uncommon for L.I. to be dramatically larger under those circumstances. You can reduce it again by selecting individual child prims (NOT the root prim) and changing them to Physics Shape Type NONE.  That way, the servers will ignore those child prims in the collision calculations and they won't be counted for L.I.  The downside is that they will effectively be phantom prims.

Read http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Mesh/Prims-Prim-Equivalent-Land-Impact-a-too-long-guide/td-p/1293579

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.