How is it possible (The Torus 10x10x10!)?

Steve Beck

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5280 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Here we go!

Someone (I'll prevent myself to name) created a prim (The Torus 10x10x10) on a land next to mine (mainland). Great! However this prim was create on a land where has building disabled ('no build'). It means one can not create objects there! But someone somehow managed to created it!

The point is that this Torus is obstructing the view, and I need to take some snapshots to update my web site after some changing in the textures in my office - with the Torus on there it is just impossible!

Now, how is it possible?

Things I have already observed:

1- Land has building disabled ('no build');

2- It is a Onwed Group Land (no showing on Seach);

Therefore the creator MUST belong to the Group! I infer the creator should be wearing his Tag to be able to create, but the Torus is NOT set to the Land Group;

Steps I already took:

1- Contacted the Torus creator (I got no answer);

2- Contacted the Land Onwer ((I got no answer);

3- I went crazy (It did not resolved).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

5 answers to this question

Hello Steve,

i dont know how someone isnt allowed to create objects can create objects, maybe the object was carry in the parcel.

So how to get Your new webside photo without this torus?

Under the advanced menu (enable it with hitting Crtl-Alt-D) You can tag in 'Rendering' sub-menu 'Hide Selected'.

If You now right click the torus and hit 'Edit' minimize the edit-window You can alt-shift-crtl-cam around and do Your photos without the torus on them.

Ciao

Dil

While there is no really easy way to get rid of the torus, you can make it invisible to you. Go to the advanced menu (Ctrl+Alt+D if you don't have it up) and go down to rendering. In there, there will be an option to "Hide Selected." Choose that. Now, when you are going to take your picture, simply open up the edit menu, and select the torus. If you do not have "Show interface" on in the snapshot menus, you should not be able to see the outline of the torus.

• Like 1

@ Emily Primswitch If you see it properly I have already done it all. Thank you anyway!

@ Dil Spitz You've it right! It will let me to take my snapshots, tough the 'art masterpiece' (THE TORUS) is still there for anyone appreciation. Thank you!

@ Droth Karu Like Dil Spitz you'got it too! Thank you!

@ Suella Ember Yes, it is possible, the parcel has object entry enabled, but then it is an Onwed Group Land, so anyone in the group (with the ability) is able to build. Thank you!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5280 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.