FS sluggish behavior

Brenda Liotta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3735 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Lately, my FS viewer has been operating sluggish with inventory SLOWLY loading. When everything is finally rezzed, the action is stuttered and unpredictable. I have done a clean reinstall a few times, going as far as deleting the Firestorm files from the computer. Initially, it seems fine. I turn it off for the evening and the next day, the sluggishness returns.

I switched to Singularity and all is cool, it runs smooth as glass.

Frankly, I prefer FS since I've developed a fondness for their arrangement of icons and ability to locate a bar with my favorite places to visit, as opposed to Singualrty's lack of one.

What older viewers does FS (or SL) still support? I've decided to try an older version as the one I have now (Firestorm 4.6.1 (40478)) seems to be having fits. Maybe an older supported version might be my answer.

4.2.2  4.4.2 seemed good. (CORRECTION ON MY PART)

I am using win7 on my machine. In all sincerity, there probably isn't a lot of major difference between XP and win 7.

I reinstalled 4.4.2 and so far, so good.

As for a new puter, that's on the wish list.

Any suggestions?

1 answer to this question

Read Linden Lab's recent blog post regarding the changes in system requirements.  Basically, what it means is that people with older machines will have an increasingly hard time getting decent peformance from any viewer.  You will usually get a higher frame rate with a more stripped-down viewer like Singularity than you can get with Firestorm or V3, but at the cost of having fewer viewer options.  Ultimately, the solution is to upgrade your computer.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3735 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.