What happened to my group?

Saikiki Moriguchi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

both of u mentioned u need more than 1 person in the group...i figured that part out ...but only after my group disappeared...this happened in late july or early august i can't remember for sure...now what i rlly would like to know is there anyway to get it back...i can't start it again as of right now and i don't want anyone to start a new group with the same name i used,,,what happened to it?... is the name i used just in group name heaven?...will someone else be able to come along and use that name later?.. if i have too i will file a ticket...only if there is not an easier way...i would hate to file a ticket if there is a simple solution... i would appreciate any help...ty

ty ann...but i have already tried that many times ...usually every week or so since it disappeared...i thought the group name would be freed up by now...but i get a message saying that a group with that name has already been formed... i think i'm going to stop by help island...i have the feeling that if u don't know then filing a ticket might be the only way or its gone for good which is almost as good... then someone can't steal it...lol

From Second Life Wiki Knowledge Basehttp://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Why_was_my_group_disbanded%3F

Linden Lab Official:Why was my group disbanded?

Why was my group disbanded?

Your group is disbanded if it does not have a total of at least twomembers for over 48 hours. This can be a result of two possiblescenarios:

• You created a group and nobody joined it within 48 hours.
  • Everybody else in your group except you left the group for 48 hours.

Linden Lab Official:I started a group that was disbanded, so I tried to start another one with the same name, and I can't.

For technical reasons, it's not possible to have two groups with thesame name, even if one of them isn't active. You'll have to pick a newname for your group (you might try substituting numbers foralphabetical characters in time-honored 1337 tradition).

Unfortunately, it's our policy not to alter the names ofdisbanded groups in order to accommodate requests for new versions ofthem. This is because it's a relatively labor-intensive process for us,and if we decided to start doing it, we'd be too busy chasing downdisbanded groups to do the other things we'd like to -- such asanswering support tickets, fixing bugs, creating new features, andgenerally making your Second Life experience as excellent as possible.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.