Log-In Issues

Elaine Boszormeny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4500 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ever since the newest upgrade I have issues logging in. I get:

Log-in Failed

The system is logging you out right now

your account will not be available till

The time keeps getting bumped up by 4 min.

It takes several hours of persistant log-ins to finally log into my account. This is annoying to say the least, and does not instill much confidence.

This has been going on for the past 2 days, the only difference is the upgrade I installed that the program told me was required to continue running the program, and this is the first time this has happened since I opened the account.

And If this keeps happening I will not be upgrading to a paid account either.

And My system is just fine, everything is running perfectly.

6 answers to this question

This isn't uncommon and yes it can be annoying.

Why does Second Life say "Your account is not accessible until (date/time)"

Does the error specifically state that you are already logging in (or out)? If so, this message simply means that Second Life is still attempting to log out your avatar. Close Second Life, wait fifteen minutes, then attempt to log in again. Do not repeatedly attempt to log in! If you keep trying to log in, the process will take longer.

Does the error only state Login failed; Your account is not accessible until (date/time)? This error message generally indicates your Second Life account has been administratively blocked. Short-term blocks (less than an hour) may be the result of a kick for inappropriate behavior. Longer blocks are typically the result of abuse.

You will be unable to use Second Life until the noted time. If the noted time is more than an hour away, you'll receive an email from the Abuse team regarding the incident(s) resulting in the administrative block. (Be sure to check your spam filters.) Linden Lab is unable to remove administrative blocks for abuse.

Questions or comments about abuse should be submitted as support tickets.

Although Basic account holders usually can't submit support tickets, there's a special option in the Submit a Ticket area for this type of situation, which could include:

• You can’t create a Second Life account
  • You are getting an error message that states you cannot log in from your location
  • Your account has been disabled and you need it reactivated

Simply select the "Special Questions - Basic account or Guest Login" Ticket type and enter the required information. When you're logged in with Guest access or a Basic account and Submit a Ticket, you should only use the "Special Questions - Basic account or Guest Login" option in the Ticket Type dropdown. All tickets from Basic account holders or the Guest account that use other ticket options will be closed without review.

Has been happening since the new upgrade to the most recent version. As it happens everytime I log in. Wether from a busy location or a non busy location. And it always has a timer, When the supposed time is up I attempt to log in and it says the same thing and the time is extended. Happens for an hour Then finally allowed to log in. As there has been no instance of abuse or blocking on my account the problem is with sl not my avatar.

Oh arg, "this has happened since I got the new viewer"... wish I had a dime for everytime I've read that lately.  Well cold comfort but you have my sympathies.

An fyi if you think the problem is with the SL viewer there are other third-party viewers - go to the Secondlife downloads page, you should see two other alternatives ie Snowglobe... there's also a viewer called Emerald that seems popular.

You might get a smarter reply (certainly smarter than mine anyway lol) by submitting a ticket to SL Support the next time you can't log, you don't need a premium account to do this:

Tickets for Basic and Guest Accounts

Some issues are best resolved by submitting a ticket to our support staff, but we don't currently offer full support ticket access to Basic account holders or Guests (visitors who don't yet have Second Life® accounts). We're sorry; there are just too many of you for us to handle in a way that would make you happy.  It's something we're working on.

Basic account holders and Guests can, however, use special options in the Submit a Ticket area to reach our support staff for certain common questions or problems.

Be sure to use the Special Questions - Basic Account or Guest Login ticket type from the dropdown list when entering the information requested.

icons_parature_caution.jpg Important: Many of the ticket choices explained below have additional fields that you need to fill in before submitting the ticket. If you supply us with as much relevant information as possible, we will be better able to help you.

Basic account holders and Guests can submit tickets for the following issues:

• Account issue: Use these if you're having a problem creating or logging into their account.
    • I can't create an account: Please give as much specific information as you can, including the text from any error messages.
    • I have a password problem: Please give as much specific information as you can, including the text from any error messages.
    • I get an error message that my account is Disabled: Please give as much specific information as you can, including the text from any error messages.
    • The system says my account is Disabled or Suspended: Please give as much specific information as you can, including the text from any error messages.
    • I can't login inworld with my account: Please give as much specific information as you can, including the text from any error messages.
    • I can't login to Secondlife.com with my account: Let us know if you're having login problems on the Second Life website. Please give as much specific information as you can, including the text from any error messages.
    • I believe someone else has logged into my account: Please give as much specific information as you can, including the text from any error messages.
    • Cancel/Un-Cancel Account: Please give as much specific information as you can, including the text from any error messages.
    • Manual Age Verification: Use this if you're having trouble getting your age verified through standard means.
  • Region is offline: Tell us if a Region inworld is down.
  • Estate manager (w/Basic acct) needing rollback: If you're an Estate manager and you have a Basic account, and you need to request a rollback, use this.
  • I can't add a payment method: Please give as much specific information as you can, including the text from any error messages.
  • I have an issue regarding VAT charges: Submit one of these if you have an issue or question about VAT (Value-Added Tax).
    • I have a general VAT question: Ask us a general VAT-related question with this ticket.
    • I'm having VAT Exemption problems: Let us know if you think you should be exempt from VAT charges, but are having problems verifying it.
    • I am being charged VAT but I shouldn't be: Tell us if you're being charged VAT, but have valid reasons to believe you shouldn't be, or you're being charged the wrong amount of VAT.
  • LindeX Tier Review: Ask for a review of your billing and trading limits on the LindeXâ„¢.
  • Bank registration submission: Use this ticket if you want to operate an inworld bank and need to register.
  • Contact the Linden Dept of Public Works: Use this ticket if you want to contact the Linden Department of Public Works.
  • Submissions for I-World Expo: Use this ticket if you're submitting something for the next I-World Expo.
  • I can't log in to my Teen Second Life account: Tell us if you're a member of Teen Second Life and having problems logging in.
  • I had rezzed an object inworld, but it has disappeared and I cannot find it: Let us know if you've lost an object inworld that was rezzed.
  • There was an item in my inventory window, but it isn't working or is missing: Tell us if you've lost or are experiencing problems with an object in your inventory.
  • Xstreet login problem -Basic users should select Special Questions - Basic account or Guest Login from the Ticket Type dropdown and then Xstreet login problem.

When you're logged in as a Basic account holder or Guest, you should only use the Special Questions - Basic account or Guest Login ticket type.  Any other support ticket submitted by a Basic account or Guest login will be ignored, except for Knowledge Base suggestions made through the Feedback ticket type (tickets of this type should be actual suggestions for improvements to the Knowledge Base).

Click here to submit a ticket.

• Like 1

What is more likely is that you are "ghosted." This means that your avatar did not completely disconnect from the grid and as far as SL is concerned, you are still connected. I would be willing to bet that if you have an alt and went where you avi was or had a friend check, your avatar would still be there. I had an alt that I created to help with flipping Lucky Chairs stuck floating in a store for 2 days until the sim owners came back and restarted. I have also had it happen in the RP sims I play in. Usually, when it is that bad, you have to get a sim restart. If you are on a mainland sim, that can take forever, hence why I rarely go to the mainland anymore. Your avi will eventually be logged out, but if you are on a mainland sim, LL has to restart it.

Hope that helps.

this is not an answer. possibly similiar problem. cannot get on second life. have many friends there. please help me.

friends up4dawes at old europe, cindy bolero, kaetie (katelyn scarlett), mikati at mic (rome), lexie (edward george bulwerlyton) many ohers who are not tech people. need help reconnecting with virtual world of sl and avatar vianderose.

514 747 1566 toonisbureaut@msn.com

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4500 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.