Can i ask a question?

Valdez Lauria

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3682 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

If you can't see parts of your avatar body it's usually because you forgot to detach an alpha mask that you were once wearing with a pair of shoes or a jacket.  Look through your inventory to see what you are wearing, identify the alpha mask and remove it.  Not being able to type in IM makes this a little more confusing, because it suggests that you may not be fully logged in.  That might explain both the IM problem and your failure to rez properly. Try rebooting your router and modem by unplugging both of them from the power for a few minutes and then plugging them back in and restarting your computer.  That can get the cobwebs out of your local Internet connection, and may improve your performance.  If not, you may need to do a clean re-install of your viewer, or possibly try a different viewer.  Here's how you do a CLEAN re-install >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life/ta-p/1375231

• Like 1

Aha... So maybe before you try my advice, take Sven's suggestion and wait. I suspect that you really do have a connection issue, but it can't help that SL's servers have been misbehaving today. Wait until they settle down so you don't have to worry about that as a complication. Watch the grid status page.

Hmmm... Gee, none of that sounds good. According to the grid status blog, Linden Lab has now fixed their connection issue so that's no longer a part of your problem, if it ever was. Go ahead and try just rebooting your router and modem, as I suggested earlier. I will be surprised if that solves the problem, but it certainly can't hurt. However, I think you are going to have to re-install your viewer carefully, following the directions I posted earlier.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3682 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.