Silly person seeks confrontation...

Unklebob Hotaling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5282 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This is the flip-side of the "can i be punished for revealing someone elses personal stuff in-world'... what if someone reveals their own personal information in the manner described below...

The senario, a group of guys verbally harassing a woman who's minding her own business -  take you're home State off your profile cause it's an embaressment to everyone else who lives in that State, you're fat, you're ugly, harpoons come to mind, i feel sorry for your husband...    Wife doesn't bite, chooses discretion, instead IMs sl partner who in turn IMs main instigator suggesting they hush, it's harrassment, not allowed, why not everyone just walk away...

Main instigator IMs husband giving his address saying 'come over...'  (a 'cmon over if you wanna do something about it')

Is that form of revealing personal stuff allowed ?  The wife has a right to file an AR obviously for what happened to her... does the wife's partner also have grounds to file an AR ?

Thanks in advance 

7 answers to this question

I do know there is merit for an AR report for abuse, the question is in addition to that for my own curiousity and general interest, is a person releaving their own personal information in such a manner allowed under the TOS.   I know its against the TOS to reveal other peoples rl info... can a person reveal their own personal info in this manner.

Regarding silly person...omg  I have a brand new RL toy...I wish silly person would come visit me one time...I'm foaming at the mouth to try it out...A Smith &  Wesson .44magnum    I'm so curious as to whether it really "will blow your head clean off"..   giggles and smiles  and more than likely...the silly person gave a fake address....maybe to the local cop shop...  play nice .boys and girls, or Big Brother will be paying a visit

idt u would be violating the TOS if ur were giving ur own info out...i have seen ppl's info in there profile... name, state, phone number...ur not violating anyone's private info other than urself....do ppl read the TOS or is it like a religious text that no one reads and we blindly let others tell us what in it?...lol

• Like 1

I think what a person says about themselves in-world is their own business. It may not be smart, but I don't see how it's against the rules. Certainly the wife has reason to report. And I think the husband does, too, because the instigator challenged him to a fight and that can be considered harassment, too.

Not to mention the husband has the instigator's address and can call the police and file a report in RL.

So, yeah...not necessarily smart, but not against the TOS.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5282 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.