Is there a way to block someone from private messaging here?

Inbred Texan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5302 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

What do you do if someone decideds to take a disagreement out of a thread and contact you via IM on the blogs and you want them to stop?

Lets say you are having a discussion on a topic.  All your doing is commenting and someone then messages you making threatening statements.  I normally don't like filing an AR on someone.

I guess what I'm really asking, is there a way to block or mute a user from messaging you on the website?  Not in game, but on the blogs.  I've asked repeatedly for someone to stop messaging me and I keep getting responses.

I'm pretty sure its a violation of the community standards, and is harassment.  But I would rather just block them as well.

9 answers to this question

That would be great and thank you for the link.  I will definitely be following that.  Its a shame when people just can't get a long and respect differences.  Rather to stalk or try and make people uncomfortable from closed curtains.  Scary actually.

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it

I completely agree.  It's also a pity when people personally attack others in the blogs as well.  What a shame.  Human nature I guess.  Too bad that people cannot learn to resolve differences like adults without resorting to below the belt attacks such as name calling, etc.  Anyway, hopefully one day this will stop and when it does, there will be less wars and crime in the world.  Until then, all we can try to do is to get along with society and ignore the ones who choose to be hostile, insensitive or rude.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5302 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.