Can I transfer my account from my MBP to a newly purchased PC?

LadyKattana

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello fellow SL peeps. I downloaded my SL and Viewer to my MacBook Pro, and while it seems to work fine for now, I am worried about burnining my laptop out in the future with extended game play time. I was thinking of purchasing a PC laptop to prevent this, and because I have many other games like MYST and Baldur's Gate and Borderlands also downloaded and don't want to put extra pressure on my Mac, which I love to use for my writings and schoolwork etc, but not so much for gaming. Is it possible for me to transfer my account from my MBP to whatever gaming laptop I purchase, free of charge, or am I going to have to purchase the game for the PC format all over again?

thanks,

LadyKattana

2 answers to this question

LadyKattana wrote:

Hello fellow SL peeps. I downloaded my SL and Viewer to my MacBook Pro, and while it seems to work fine for now, I am worried about burnining my laptop out in the future with extended game play time. I was thinking of purchasing a PC laptop to prevent this, and because I have many other games like MYST and Baldur's Gate and Borderlands also downloaded and don't want to put extra pressure on my Mac, which I love to use for my writings and schoolwork etc, but not so much for gaming. Is it possible for me to transfer my account from my MBP to whatever gaming laptop I purchase, free of charge, or am I going to have to purchase the game for the PC format all over again?

thanks,

LadyKattana

You can log into Second Life from any computer that has a viewer installed and use the same account. All the important details of your account are stored on the Linden Lab servers and are completely independent of the computer you use to log in with. You can switch back and forth from Macs to PC's without problems.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.