Help! My avatar is showing up as orange/red smoke!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3673 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My avatar is showing up as an orange/red smoke and it wont' materialize into a person.

I attached some things I bought at the market  place and it seemed fine. Then I logged out. The next time I logged in, my avatar never materizlied, it just shows up as smoke. I logged out and logged in again, didn't work. Tried clearing the cache, that doesn't work. I logged in this morning, still the same. I tried the detach option to take off everything on the avatar. It still doesn't work! Any advice ?! thanks in advance!

edited to add: earrings won't detach, I am trying that option but it still says attached. Keep in mind, I am not seeing it on the avatar because the avi is all smoke :(. Anyway,   had them on there for a while and I never had a problem with those but now it seems that's the only item that says "worn" that I can't unwear. OH and the AO won't remove either, but I had that one on for a while too.

Unother update edit: A friend says he sees eye balls, eyelashes and hair on his side but I just see the smoke. when I click "worn" on the inventory tab, it shows a few items worn but  they won't remove.

If you're orange smoke it sounds like you're using Firestorm...

Do you have outfits saved? If so, try wearing a different outfit to completely replace whatever you are wearing now.

Also - and my apologies for asking if you've done this - have you simply tried re-logging? If you haven't, do that - and try logging in to a different sim to the one you logged out of. The fact you're having attach/detach glitches sounds to me like a re-log is what's needed (unless of course you've done that and it's happening all the time).

Okay -  best advice right now would be to join the inworld Firestorm support group (if you haven't already) and ask in there. (Search for 'Firestorm Support English')

I'd suggest you make sure you're running the lastest version as well of course.

And maybe try logging in on the default viewer as well, just to test if it's a viewer issue or something else.

I'm not able to be logged in myself at the moment so i can't see the menus, but I'm sure there are some avatar 'fix' tools in the main 'Avatar' menu.

Many that said they had changed their outfit from one to another didn't change the skin & shape too, which is important to force a full new bake on the server. I usualy suggest to use some of the starter avies (inventory-Library-Clothes Initial outfits) and drag the folder to your avatar. Or use, hum, the menu Avatar-Avatar health and switch to the starter avie there. If you use wifi you should try to use a cable instead, sometimes wifi has some issues, even if it worked before. Make sure, your virus scanner and firewall isn't too strict. Sometimes they got an update inbetween that those are more strict after the update. Other suggestions are made on thier wiki: http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_bake_fail

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3673 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.