Need some assistance ASAP please.

AlucardsSisterCrystal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Okay so heres the sitch. I logged in yesterday to SL with no problem. I was able to move around freely with no lag or anything, but tonight for some reason after SL and my computer updated I started having trouble with the graphics and lots of lag as I logged in. Then everything stoped responding. so I reinstalled SL thinking something got corupted. still had the same prob. My graphic card is up to date too so I am not sure if I did something or if sl is acting up? Can one of you help me please? if you need mor info let me know in a message k and thank you for your time. 

2 answers to this question

When making sure your graphics card is using the newest driver always go to the manufecturers site and search for the latest driver there. The automatic search on your computer hardly ever tells you that your driver is out of date.

Also, did you make sure to do a http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_clean_reinstall ? This is very important when reinstalling the viewer or things might get borked.

Next you can do, is to try reverting back to the last client version that worked stable for you, see if it fixes your sudden lag, if it doesn't, it seems something is wrong with your connection.

Also, make sure that when your computer updated the windows firewall didn't suddenly decide to block any parts of Second Life (also check your anti-vir!)

Lastsly, when asking for technical help, it's incredibly helpful to post your system specs. If you use Firestorm you can find this under Help -> About FS, copy and paste everything. I am sure the official viewer has that, too.

once you start the viewer.

you can open the top tabs

open the preferances window, and clear all caches files.

there 2 or 3 buttons that clear caches.

once you log back, you look like a red cloud for a time. but thats common.

failing that, the clean install the best options.

hope it work out ok, I have this prolbem, with my main computer, but in my case the graphic card may be on its way out.

or so im told.

byee good luck enjoy your game

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.