Hello if i connect my netbook to a tv am i able to play second life? Because my pc had broke :X

NuriaMuriel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3721 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My laptop had broke and now i have to work in my netbook, have no money to buy a new laptop for the moment, so i wonder what are my options?

have any way to run the second life in my netbook? i got the cool vl viewer, i can play it with a lot of limitations and can't go to some sims...

i don't understand much of technology, so i wonder if i connect the netbook to a TV, would that help to run sl better?

Thank you so much!

3 answers to this question

No. Because the work is done by the CPU and the GPU and other hardware on your PC/Laptop or in your case netbook and connecting to the TV wouldn't change anything of that. If you are low on money you should consider to get a PC (Desktop) instead of a laptop, you will pay about half for the same power you will get on a laptop and if you don't need a powerfull laptop for work.

• Like 1

Hi Nuria,

As Sven says, connecting to a TV won't change matters, other than to give you a physically larger screen. We don't know the specs of your netbook, other than it's able to run CoolViewer, which means you're running Windows or Linux. It may be possible to dial the graphics settings down as low as they'll go, set your draw distance very low (32meters) and use one of the other SL viewers. You'd have to try it to know. You may also benefit from shrinking the SL viewer window, so it has fewer pixels to draw. The screen will get pretty cramped if you've got chat windows open, but performance may improve slightly.

Good luck!

• Like 1

NuriaMuriel wrote:

My laptop had broke and now i have to work in my netbook, have no money to buy a new laptop for the moment, so i wonder what are my options?

have any way to run the second life in my netbook? i got the cool vl viewer, i can play it with a lot of limitations and can't go to some sims...

i don't understand much of technology, so i wonder if i connect the netbook to a TV, would that help to run sl better?

Thank you so much!

You MAY be a good candidate for SL Go, which processes the world remotely and streams to you. You'll need a fast internet connection. The service is very new and has recently had its price reduced.

http://joyardley.wordpress.com/2014/04/03/slgo-will-cost-9-95-a-month-with-unlimited-usage/

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3721 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.