This Viewer Release Looks Very Interesting...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3687 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We have all experienced it, an annoying issue with our SL Viewer that sometimes feels like our own personal judgment by the Karma God of Virtual Hell.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Release/3.7.5.288573

This release has the simple introduction of:

Sunshine V2 Updates

- Stability and performance improvements for SSA: retry logic, removing redundant requests, detecting various appearance stuck conditions.

- Code cleanup - removed a lot of code related to the old client-side baking framework.

- Bug fixes, mostly appearance-related.

- Support for AISv3. AISv3 improvements are mostly related to improving the reliability of outfit changes, so the speed should improve and the failure rate should drop even further once both the viewer and server components have been released. The AISv3 code is currently on all three RC channels.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've installed this in the hopes of an early parole in my main channel existence. I may even be brave enough to jump into one of the RC Regions just to experience early nirvana.

:P

Bree Giffen wrote:

Looks like a focus on the server side baking of our avatars which is always good. I haven't had a lot of problems when changing my clothes or looking like a cloud. I have noticed how the viewer loads what's in your sight now.

:D - I've generally had great experiences withthe new Server-Side Rendering but the getting stuck is happening a bit more often with me. Relogging always fixes this but I'd prefer not having to leave a set I'm DJing to correct a clothing malfunction. 

Does anyone know what this means?

"once new homogenous grid is deployed" It`s on the second line of resolved issues SH-3455

Or where testylvania is?  "Investigate/fix texture loading issues in testylvania and elsewhere"  SH-4250

Agrees that it does look interesting.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3687 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.