Blender: Project Gooseberry

Gaia Clary

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi;

The Project Gooseberry is an attempt to produce an open sourced 90 minute feature film with Blender. The movie and all production data will be shared online into the blender cloud while the film is produced and later published into the open source after the film has been released.

I believe that all Blender users should be at least aware of this opportunity and consider to support this awesome project. This will pay back for sure because this project will let Blender step (actually jump) forward to all of our benefit. And this is where gooseberry is related to this forum's topic :)

You find more about the project on blender's gooseberry project page and blender's cloud page

Definitely something that will help Blender immensely. I do wish they would talk about the project a little more tho. Yes, we hear about who is working on it, but we know nothing about what the movie is about. Maybe this is on purpose tho. It looks so strange from the trailer, as it uses many different styles. It almost reminds me of Animatrix, where the creators of the Matrix movie had animators around the world make their own part of the Matrix story in their own style.

From the gooseberry page:

The film is about Michel the sheep, who's longing to get an interesting life. It will be a funny, absurdist and adventurous love story, directed by Mathieu Auvray.
Script development is currently ongoing and will continue until August.

That does not tell much though. I guess its just that we see the early stage of the growing ideas now. I am also not sure if the character in the trailer are just concept work... If i recall correct for Sintel there was a long period of conceptual design work before they decided on the characters.

However the coolest thing about this project is that you can get involved into the process and you even have the chance to contribute which is a great opportunity on itself...

Medhue Simoni wrote:

It looks so strange from the trailer, as it uses many different styles. It almost reminds me of Animatrix, where the creators of the Matrix movie had animators around the world make their own part of the Matrix story in their own style.

"It looks like you’re making 12 short movie parallel and not one full-length feature… (like animatrix)

The director and writer – supported by everyone – are working on a compelling story that holds all the different team styles wonderfully together. We don’t want it to become like Animatrix at all – which wasn’t a movie even."

From :     http://gooseberry.blender.org/faq-campaign-and-cloud-questions/

Ton Roosendaale, the head of Blender has posted an article about why the Gooseberry project is just a great opportunity by many means:

http://www.blender.org/press/project-gooseberry-why-it-matters/

this article mentions a few points that i was not aware of but i think they are totally valid and make it even more important to get Gooseberry to fly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.