A poem and a question about music cut outs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3711 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Before anyone says to me its my viewer or connection, let me explain from guests to club owners, the stream in SL has started to cutting out intermittently , this is not only my words but many have brought this up in notice groups for dj's and clubs owners, I as a dc have noticed this in the last month or so and whiles also speaking with others they have experience the same thing, If LL;s are doing some maintenance of the bandwith has been throttled then we need to at least be told.

Like your views, and please not mention its my connection or viewer, this is abundant in sl.

OK a poem I wrote about SL, hope you enjoy it

Some just want  love and happiness

In this place called second life

Avoiding pit falls and dramas

Will all been given that advice

You learn to avoid the cheaters and players

But this away comes at a price

Each encounter and as you age, you learn to be nice

Emotions do run high and you feel Like getting out

But we here for a reason, is that what’s it’s all about?

So never feel you goal will never be achieved

We have cut a clearing to find that

garden of eve.

No idea, there's no information for diagnostics in this thread. Even if 'many' people are encountering this problem it's still a local issue. If it's a host running a link to the stream, it's possible that only the host-link is defective and stream listeners are merely hearing this. You'd need to run tests on the streaming link, not Second Life. Second Life might exacerbate underlying network issues but in this case, it's not creating it.

There's an open thread that suggests some issue is negatively affecting SL, introduced to anyone using Verizon: here

No idea if it's related to your problem.

KarenMichelle Lane wrote:

Hi all..

The following fixes this issue:

"Suspected thread race crasher in fmodex library"

FMOD being the support library for all things sound in SL.

Can you view the linked Maintenance JIRA.  I'm not able to so I have no idea what this is about.

Perrie Juran wrote:

KarenMichelle Lane wrote:

Hi all..

The following fixes this issue:

"Suspected thread race crasher in fmodex library"

FMOD being the support library for all things sound in SL.

Can you view the linked Maintenance JIRA.  I'm not able to so I have no idea what this is about.

No, we can't dig into specific MAINT-nnnn issues in read mode ...yet. JIRA is suppose to be opening back up but this part is still hidden.

The FMOD DLL Programming Library is a well known one in the gaming community with all sorts of solutions for media playback related needs.

http://www.fmod.org/

Once I read that issue was solved in the Releases page I installed this version immediately since I have been crashing frequently and losing my music monitoring capability when DJing after the previous automatic update.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3711 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.