Problems with llSetAnimationOverride

Loki Eliot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3717 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is anyone else having sucky troubles with llSetAnimationOverride

For instance ...

1. Lack of any ease in or out between animations.

2. Overidding the entire skeliton even if parts of the skeliton are not animated.

Im having to stick to the old way of overiding as this new 'easier way' does not to the old harder way of scripting animations. Makes me wonder what the point was for llSetAnimationOverride.

It works well for what it is supposed to do: substitute the default animation with one of your choice

I don't think it looks pretty when you substitute that animation, say default sit with another default sit while sitting

I find no problems with ease in and out or any other problems, when changing animating state, say from stand to walk

:smileysurprised::):smileyvery-happy:

This are the standard animations and info about priority and loop:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Internal_Animations

This animations you can replace:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlSetAnimationOverride

If you replace animations with non matching priorities (most are too high) and ignore if they are required to be looped or not then things will not fit. Make sure that you have no other AO running and that the viewer AO is off aswell.

I have an AO that uses llSetAnimationOverride and have no problems.

I have no lvl 4 animations in it and none or very low priority sitting animations because they are more or less useless and the only thing they do is interfering with teleporters, elevators, scripted seats and other stuff. ( I usually never sit on plain prims )

So either your priorities don't match or you are incompatible with an AO like that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3717 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.