[RESOLVED] How does one acquire the skin textures for furries?

LilithServil

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I like to think of myself as a fairly experienced modder (I've pieced together several of my own avatars using various parts, edited slightly to fit the look I wish to create), but one thing has been bugging me for a while now: A lot of modkits for furries that are in the marketplace appear to be a direct modification of the original skin sets. I have only come across a few that looked like they were entirely different. The reason I bring this up is because I recently purchased an Aventity Jex and would like to apply a texture to my psicorp "enhancements" and am extremely poor at making my own skins. I'd love to use the original texture/skin that comes with the green jex, as they have shading and markings that I couldn't really replicate on my own, but I have no clue how to go about doing this. I've seen other people do this kind of thing before, how is this accomplished?

(Sorry if this was poorly worded btw, I'm pretty sleep deprived.)

You will have to ask the creator if you can. Otherwise, you're out of luck.

For mod packs, the sellers most likely mimiced the skin style or got the PSD's from the creator. Keep in mind however, that many creators WON'T do this. You're best bet is to just try on your own or commision. 

How exactly were you going to use the skin textures though? Like, apply it? I don't know much about psicorp but they should have a PSD texture for modding. Following a PSD isn't too hard and with pratice you can get something good. If you need help though, I can provide some maybe. I haven't done a full skin, but I've textured avie parts. 

You could take a close-up snapshot of that part of the avatar (whilst not wearing the attachment) and crop out an area to make a texture to apply to the appropriate part of the attachment.   You'll need to use a graphics program (such as GIMP, which is free) and upload the texture in order to use it.

Ah, wait, I've found a solution to the problem. I had to message the original creator (who was quite a nice person) and stated my problem, inquiring about the possibility of getting the torso texture for the Jex. I got the texture a few hours later, and, while it took quite a bit of careful modding to make it work, my psicorp attachment is now a seamless addition to my avatar. c:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.