Purchasing Land

Kitty Pashinin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3752 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a question about purchasing mainland parcels. When you purchase a parcel isn't by default it set not for sale after you purchase it?  Don't you have to set it for sale yourelf for it to be up for sale? I recently purchased a parcel only to have someone buy it from me a few days later even tho I had not set it for sale. 

Yes, once you buy land, it should no longer be for sale unless you set it for sale.  The exception is if you deed it to a group and somene in the group that has that authority sold it to themselves then put it up for sale.  If this happened, i'm afraid there is nothing you can do as you gave them the rights to do this.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

If you are sure you or a group member didn't set it for sale I'd file a ticket and explain all this to LL to see what they can do.  Its a hard call to make what they will do.

I was the only owner and there was no group it was deeded to.  I explained it was a mistake and did get my land back.. at first he wanted more than he paid for it and I was going to pay it. Then he told me he would sell it back to me but wanted 64ms and of course you can guess what he wanted it for.. sigh.. I had no choice but to Give him the 64ms. So he sold my own land back to me for the same price and he got 64ms for advertising for Free!   I never put the land for sale so guess it was a glitch in the system. At least I got most of it back.

Kitty Pashinin wrote:

I have a question about purchasing mainland parcels. When you purchase a parcel isn't by default it set not for sale after you purchase it?  Don't you have to set it for sale yourelf for it to be up for sale? I recently purchased a parcel only to have someone buy it from me a few days later even tho I had not set it for sale. 

This really just does not happen. If there's one thing that has worked flawlessly for years, it's the buying of land without it then being on sale again. I assume you checked your transaction history to establish that you did, indeed, buy the land, and that the subsequent buyer did, indeed buy it from you. But, wow, I mean this just never goes wrong.

The only thing I can think of -- and even then, it's a huge stretch -- would be if the sim got reverted after you bought the parcel, but then the subsequent buyer wouldn't be buying it from you, but rather from the previous owner (again). And that would be evident in transaction history. (And some other magic would have had to occur, too. I mean, this just does not happen.)

Oh, and sorry to hear about the adfarm thing. You know about the official ad policy, right? Some of us in the Arbor Project had to do a recent round of Abuse Reports for some new and exceptionally blatant adfarming, after the problem had seemed largely dormant for years. (In fact, I think it was on Corsica; I should check the landmarks.)

Did you file a support ticket about this?  I have never heard of this happening before and it smells badly If you are sure you did not set it for sale, your account was hacked somehow or .or maybe the server.  It also appears to be a form of extortion.  All they jwanted was the ad board space and the land was not for sale and they knew you weren't going to sell it.  They somehow get the land and are willing to give it back only if you give them ad board space, which is what they wanted all along.

Thank you everyone.. I just wanted to make sure nothing had changed about land sales and I see I was right.. I did just file a support ticket on this issue.. I went and looked and didn't even realize he only took 32ms for his ugly sign. How generous!  It ruined my view and I would Never willingly have sold 1m of land for a sign. 

Just a follow up on this.. I got my land back.. They said it was a rare bug they see maybe once or twice a year where a parcel is sold but doesn't get set not for sale.. From now on I will be checking this.. LOL  Just happy I got my land back. They gave the other person a plot across the street somewhere.. hopefully not nearby. haha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3752 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.