When I login, my avatar freezed on the spot. I am not able to move or type and forced to exit SL..

nottiREI

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm able to log in, but avatar freezed on the spot. I am not able to move, or even type messages to people or open chat too. Not able to teleport or open inventory files. My avartar appeared in 'orange-cloud, and the screen just freezed for a long time of ~2minutes before I was forced to exit SL with SL popping out a window message saying :-
"You have been logged out of Second Life.
This region may be experiencing trouble. Please check your connection to the internet."
Even after changing 'Last log in location couple of times, on different days, it did no help...

I'm currently using Firestorm-Beta 4.5.1.38838.

Please help...

>> Had tried log in with a newbie account and there is no such problem to it. There is a problem with my current main avatar.. Have not faced such a headache problem since using sl for past ~2-years..

Btw I'm using a modem direct link to my only pc. Tested several times with no much program running on my pc while trying to re-log in.

Anyone with good solutions to my problem, please help..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#Had solved my own problem :-

Anyone whom faced such problem, please try using another viewer. That's it  :)

3 answers to this question

Without more information my best guess is that your connection is too slow. Second Life requires a high speed, high capacity connection that isn't being shared with other processes. It is far more intensive than computer gaming or web browsing (up to 30-100x more data).

Maybe you're using a very poor Wireless router (anything slower than 300Mbps) or should be using a wired ethernet connection.

Maybe your DSL/cable/Internet connection is too slow, if it's below 5Mbps or has trouble reaching secondlife.com.

Maybe your connection is being shared by another computer (such as an inhabitant of your home or family), or you are trying to use your connection for other things at the same time (e.g. torrenting, films, games).

Maybe your computer, network interface or graphics capability is incapable of keeping up.

It's also possible that no traffic is getting from your PC to Second Life. In this case you will need to improve your DNS resolution processes or (perhaps) provide exceptions for Second Life in any security or traffic profiling systems you use.

Improve the speed or clarity of your connection.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.