Fitted Mesh crashing people on Firestorm Viewers

Iki Akiri

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey! I know this is quite a new feature in the main viewer so nobody may have experienced this. 

I skinned and uploaded a couple of my old mesh products on the new fitted mesh skeletons (Working amazingly I might add!) but when I went to another sim I instantly crashed my friends. Yesterday while testing I also crashed another friend of mine - but not all of them the ones on the new viewer were fine.

Originally I thought that this might be a result of my lazy modelling on one of the dresses so I reverted back to an old model - all quads, very low poly etc. This also caused crashing!

So my question is - would it be possible that since this feature is so new it's crashing people specifically on firestorm?

Anyone else experience this? 

• 2 weeks later...

Firestorm hasnt released their updated veiwer for fitted mesh yet.... [0:51:07] The next release of Firestorm will be out around March 9th – possibly a little before, possibly after. Some of what should be in it includes:

that what is says on they info page here link.. (read it over)

https://modemworld.wordpress.com/2014/02/17/feb-15th-firestorm-qa-video-and-transcript-next-release-and-news/

Trinity Nizna wrote:

Firestorm hasnt released their updated veiwer for fitted mesh yet.... 
 The next release of Firestorm will be out 
around
 March 9th – possibly a little before, possibly after. Some of what should be in it includes:

that what is says on they info page here link.. (read it over)

This crash has nothing to do with fitted mesh.  Its an out of bounds crash caused by certain meshes and this crash existed before fitted mesh was on the grid. This crash was fixed in the materials code.

So, if you update to Firestorm 4.5.1, which has the materials code, you will no longer crash with Iki's mesh.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.