How do you pack items in a box to be rezzed? Dragging files into content file not working

Alkebulann

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3754 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hiya all
How do you pack items into a box to be sold to and opened by others? I tried editing the box which has full permissions and dragging the items from my inventory into the content section of the box but it's not working. I seem to only be able to drag textures into the content area or "add new script" but can't drag alphas, clothing or anything into the box. All items have full permission and can be transferred, copies, modified but still not working. I read the knowledge base which told me to do this is not working. I have a regular SL viewer I download from the SL website. I even purchased cardboard packing boxes from the marketplace that say they already have a script in them and tried to drag the items into the content of that box also and still has not worked. I tried packing the card board box I purchased and a box I created using the build tool but still not working. I'm doing all of this on land I own (not the whole region but a piece of mainland) and still nothing. Please someone help since I can't find detailed answers no where :(

2 answers to this question

Not sure what you doing wrong.

Create a box.

Edit it, tab contents and drag and drop. That's it.

You can not drag and drop a file full of stuff. Items have to be put in another box and that added to the contents of the main box. If you have say e.g. red dress, blue dress, otherwise it just a case of dropping individual parts into the contents inventory.

If your sim or your Internet connection are laggy, you may see the little symbol of a circle with a line through it as you try to drag things from inventory to a box.  If so, either drag more slowly or move to a different sim.  Otherwise, Steph is right.  Dragging and dropping items from inventory into a box is one of the most basic things you can do in SL, and it sounds as if you are doing it right (although I'm not sure why you would have to buy a cardboard box).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3754 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.