SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!

AlethiaCross

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3773 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

:womansad: I need help cause I am on the verge of tears. I know all my animals have died already and I miss my family.

I have tried everything from reinstalling to shutting OFF my firewall completely!! I am NOT computer literate... I quite actually am a dummy when it comes to it. My SL was great UNTIL I moved in RL. Now I cant even get in the game anymore. I've looked EVERYWHERE for answers, help, solutions... I cant understand ANY OF IT.

*Bangs head on desk and cries*

HELP ME BEFORE I BREAK THIS THING! PLEASE!

Just adding a quick PS.

While you are not able to log into Second Life, you can still contact family/friends via the web feeds.

https://my.secondlife.com/alethiacross

Are you sure all of your animals are already dead?  Shame if no one was able to feed them in your absence (I had computer problems during the time I had Sion chickens and know how frustrated you are feeling right now).

If it worked before with the same computer, it is probably not the computer. What is different now? Internet service? Modem/router? Is there a firewall in the modem? The Microsoft firewall in Windows computers is usually not a problem. Is the computer connecting to the internet wirelessly? Wireless is often a problem with Second Life, it is better to connect the computer to the modem/router with a cable.

• 3 weeks later...

Most people get a new router and modem when they move. Their ISP gives that to them when they get a new account.

Some routers simply will not run SL. That's a sad fact. Please look on your router and get the name and model number.

Are you using a new ISP? Sometimes a call to your ISP and getting the correct technical help person works wonders. Good Luck!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3773 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.