Nuisance lighting

Matt732

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, a new neighbour has decided to set up an extremly bright light emmiting prim next to my shop which is flooding the interior with light. The owner seems to not be answering messages so i need to know if there is any way of stopping the light coming through my walls? Pretty sure there is a simple answer but i can't find it, any help would be gratefully accepted.

you may need to use an abuse report if this can't be solved with a talk.

there is a partial fix you can use, but this will only help for people who do not have advanced lighting enabled in their graphics settings. higher graphics settings don't have this limit on local lights, so the workaround won't be enough to completely stop it.

make 6 prims, and on each of them go to the editor feature tab, enable light, and set the light color to black. position these prims so that they are in between the neighbor's lights and where people will stand on your land.

this works because without advanced lighting, there were only 8 local light sources, only the nearest object lights showed, the other two were already reserved for the sky and appearance editor. 

• Like 1

I went over to your shop and can see the very bright light between your neighbor and you. It doesn't show up inside "his" building and inside your building looks fine for me with advanced lighting on and trying many Windlight settings.

So you must have found an answer or it only look really bad with certain windlight settings. Either way is good news.

Nice hot rods! :D.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.