I accidentally wore all my clothes folders and it crashed my computer, ever since then I can't login

Sidney Elan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I accidentally clicked on "wear" instead of "remove" using the firestorm viewer, so over 60 folders of clothing started to attach to my avatar, which got my computer stuck and creash.

Ever since that, I can't log in to SL, I downloaded different vieweres and they all get suck and crash when they try load everything... I cleared cache from all viewrs, I can log with my other avatar but not with the one who had the clothing accident. it is completely lost now?

I can NOT detach all these folders without LOGGING IN first... if there's a way to deatch all folder without being inworld, then please tell me how. I can't edit my inventory because I am not allowed to log in SL. Do I need LL to do something? I can't log in to SL.  is there anything I can do to fix it? will I ever be able to use my avatar again ?

:((( please help 

• Like 1

10 answers to this question

Hi Rolig, thank you for the link but.. I can't reach my inventory because I can't log into SL :( something happened to my avatar or my account that wont let me log in to SL anymore. every time I try to log in, the viewer get stuck (not responding) when it reaches the point of "loading world" . I just don't know what to do anymore. :((

That's more of a challenge. It sounds as if the viewer is timing out before it can finish the login sequence. You said that you cleared your cache, but you didn't say how you did it. I suggest doing a good, clean job of it "manually". Here's how >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_cache_clear . Be sure you follow those directions carefully, especially the part that says, "While inventory repopulates, do not teleport anywhere, and do not attempt to access anything in your inventory. " If that doesn't work, the next step is to do a complete, clean reinstall of your viewer >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_clean_reinstall

• Like 1

Did you try doing a complete CLEAN reinstall of the viewer, as I suggested in the Permalink above? There's no way of knowing whether that will work, since the OP never checked back here after I suggested it, but it's worth a try. If you can log in, of course, the first procedure that I suggested to the OP is the one that usually cures the problem.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.