Confusing second life with real life....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3750 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not entirely the same thing, but I've been modelling and texturing for so long that my first thought upon seeing a dirty brick wall isn't 'that needs a wash' but 'wow, awesome grunge!'

Just the other day I was looking at a freshly mown sportsfield. First thought: 'that texture doesn't tile very well'

And in the past when spending a lot of time modelling I'll see wireframe overlays on RL objects...

In a decade or two when every home has a 3d printer, you will be able to buy a piece of SL furniture for your RL house :D

Not entirely the same thing, but I've been modelling and texturing for so long that my first thought upon seeing a dirty brick wall isn't 'that needs a wash' but 'wow, awesome grunge!'

I do this too after I started making textures a few years ago and found I loved making grungy type ones.

In a decade or two when every home has a 3d printer, you will be able to buy a piece of SL furniture for your RL house **Only uploaded images may be used in postings**://secondlife.i.lithium.com/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif" border="0" alt=":smileyvery-happy:" title="Smiley Very Happy" />

The possibilities with 3D printing are enormous. This would just be so cool to do!

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3750 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.