Involuntary Skin Change

Friedrich Karlsvalt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have had an incident occur three times in 6 months. My skin will involuntarily change from my normal avi to the black rabbit skin located in the initial outfit folder in the inventory library. I have searched SL blogs but have not seen read or located anyone else having this problem. I use Firestorm 64 bit, but it had occurred in an earlier version of Firestorm as well. Cache is cleared routinely. Is this a SL glitch.

3 answers to this question

No.  It's a practical joke.

AprilFools_001.jpgThe UUID for this avatar is fairly well known, although I had forgotten that LL put it in the Library a while ago. It can be activated by a fairly simple API, so I've seen some people become rabbitized by clicking on a link in chat or IM.  You might have run across some clever prankster who has built it into some scripted object he gave you a long time ago, to be triggered when you least expect it.  You can change back easily enough by just wearing one of your saved outfits, or any of the other initial outfits in your Library folder.  I keep an Emergency Me outfit that I can use to rebuild myself in situations like that.

BTW, do not clear your cache routinely.  That serves no good purpose, and it actually creates more lag for you as it refills.  The best cache is a large, full one.  That means your graphics card doesn't need to download and render all those textures fresh each time.  Read this article.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.