Shared media has suddenly stopped working for many url's

Hyman Kaplan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Streaming media URLs come and go all the time, so it's not surprising that some stop working for you. Also, if you have been connecting to YouTube videos you may have noticed that the latest Flash plugin does not work, so you'll have to roll back to a previous version if you want to view content that depends on it.  See http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Viewer/Help-to-Fix-Adobe-Flash-Player-Plugin-for-Mac/m-p/2124947

• Like 1

Thanks for the fast response Rolig. I checked the things you suggested but they don't seem to be the problem in this case. The youtube url's are still good...I can paste them into a browser url field and they work. And the flashplayer version I'm using now is 11.9 which was installed on 13 Dec and it worked until about two days ago. The message I get when trying to play some of the url's on prim media is as follows:

"This video contains content from VEVO. It is restricted from playback on certain sites. Watch on YouTube."

But it's not limited to just VEVO content, Sony ATV is another that gives a similar message and there are others as well. One more thing to note is that I can play the same videos on the prim media if I select them via a youtube interface on the prim media. It seems like maybe some content publishers have restricted streaming directly to Second Life. I wonder if anyone else has run into the same problem beginning in the last few days.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.