Cannot link builds in sandbox...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For the last week or so, I've been intermittantly having the inablity to link builds in several of the premium sandboxes.. I do most of my building in Opensim/OSGrid, but came back to SL to finish up a build that will be hosted on SL.. I'm at this moment in Sandbox Astutula, and have a 114 prim build that I have *surrounded* with the build tool, which normally ungreys out the Link and Unlink buttons.. I've been waiting for over 20 minutes for the buttons to ungrey, with no luck. This has happened several times in the last week, otherwise, after surrounding the build, the link/unlink buttons become active within a minute or less... The other times this has happened, I've given up, deleted the build and logged off..  This has happened in Pristina, Exemplar and Verenda..  I'm on Firestorm 4.4.2.34167, but also get the same problem on Singularity and Exodus... I do not use the LL viewers.. Has anyone else seen this anomoly??

Tas

Do OpenSim/OSGrid have the same linkability rules as does SL?   I ask because I do not know, but it doesn't seem to me impossible that they do (after all, a lot of their other limits are different) and it would certainly explain what you describe.

The other thing that occurs to me is that I've sometimes had SL complaining that I don't own, or don't have mod rights on, items I've created.  When this happens,  I simply try again later on, whether having relogged or not, and usually everything works.  Presumably this is because, for whatever reason, the first time I tried,  SL wasn't able to fetch the necessary information about ownership and permissions.    That, I assume, would also stop you linking and unlinking stuff, since SL wouldn't know you were allowed to.

Rules in OS (at least IW) and SL are very different for linking. I made a full sim city surround there a couple of weeks ago. The maximum size there is 128 (no megaprims) so I had to build in pieces. When I finished I tried -- just for fun -- to see if it would link and amazingly it did. I was pretty blown away as didn't expect that. So I have a LINKED surround of 12 pieces that is 256 x 256 x 64.

So like the last post I answered on this subject (interesting!) the rules are different here. They have to so do with the size of prims as well as the distance. I have forgotten but anything fairly big (like 40 meters - maybe 32) won't link well. So folks either use a coelesced method or put in a rez box.

Hi!

I'm well aware of the differences between SL and OS.. The build I am having this problem with has no megaprims, in fact, since LL dropped the brain-dead 10m prim size limit, I don't see much need for them, at least in what I build, which are often fairly large. The build I'm seeing this on is maybe 20m high and 20m across, and is only a bit over 100 prims..  As I'm typing this, I'm in Sandbox Examplar, with the build all selected, the build window showing "multiple selection", and its been close to 20 minutes with all prims selected... still waiting for the "Link" and "Unlink" buttons to ungrey.. This does NOT happen *all* the time, there have been several days recently where once the prims were all surrounded and selected, the link button took maybe 30 seconds to appear..  I strongly suspect this is an asset server issue, but I wanted to see how pervasive it was before I contact Linden Lab support...

Tas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.