Looking for a sweater dress, a jeans jacket and cargo pants (not in the same outfit!)

Mauricette Morane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3913 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Back in the days, I had some sweater dresses from a couple of shops, and it's a look I really like, but when I tried them on recently, I decided I really really really didn't like the way the skirt was done (systems layer plus that prim bit in the middle; it was the best available way at the time, no doubt  - but it does look a bit dated now), so I've been looking for a mesh replacement, and not having much luck. I've seen a few (Maitreiya comes to mind) but all the ones I've seen seem to have a belt. I very definitely don't want a belt. I want long sleeves, a roll neck (cowl neck also OK), and ideally a dress that's not too short. I mean short is can be good, but it should definitely look like a dress and not a top! Mind you, if a top was deliberately pretty long, that's fine too. Anybody knows where I can find something like that?

Jeans jacket seem to be even harder to find, and when they are found, they tend to be for guys, and with mesh, clothes aren't so unisex anymore...:-(  There's a very nice one in Coco, but it comes with a shirt, and it word closed - ideally, I just want a jeans jacket I can wear with whatever other top I want, and be able to wear it open. Anybody has any ideas?

Cargo pants are another things that's REALLY hard to find, especially for female avatars. I've tried some of the male ones, but they're textured with that, um, curve in the crotch area (well, they ARE for guys!), and that doesn't look quite right on me....

Thanks in advance!

:-)

Mauricette Morane wrote:

Back in the days, I had some sweater dresses from a couple of shops, and it's a look I really like, but when I tried them on recently, I decided I really really really didn't like the way the skirt was done (systems layer plus that prim bit in the middle; it was the best available way at the time, no doubt  - but it does look a bit dated now), so I've been looking for a mesh replacement, and not having much luck. I've seen a few (Maitreiya comes to mind) but all the ones I've seen seem to have a belt. I very definitely don't want a belt. I want long sleeves, a roll neck (cowl neck also OK), and ideally a dress that's not too short. I mean short is can be good, but it should definitely look like a dress and not a top! Mind you, if a top was deliberately pretty long, that's fine too. Anybody knows where I can find something like that?

Jeans jacket seem to be even harder to find, and when they are found, they tend to be for guys, and with mesh, clothes aren't so unisex anymore...:-(  There's a very nice one in Coco, but it comes with a shirt, and it word closed - ideally, I just want a jeans jacket I can wear with whatever other top I want, and be able to wear it open. Anybody has any ideas?

Cargo pants are another things that's REALLY hard to find, especially for female avatars. I've tried some of the male ones, but they're textured with that, um, curve in the crotch area (well, they ARE for guys!), and that doesn't look quite right on me....

Thanks in advance!

:-)

Sweater dresses are pretty common now, with or without belts. ColdLogic has some and there's a few templates out there so the template-reliant places have some out. A good place to keep an eye on is the www.seraphimsl.com blog, which has information about a lot of sales all over the Grid.

Cargo pants: ColdLogic

Jean jacket: Emery, and it's adorable (I have it.) I wouldn't recommend your wearing a mesh top under it but it works well over a system top.

You need to get out to events like Collabor88, FaMESHed, and Chapter Four.  Another event called The Mens' Department has some cool stuff for women, too.

Look at some of the fashion blogs and you will get some great ideas.

+grasp+ has a nice mesh denim jacket and gO! has some nicely textured pocket pants (cargo pants).

At this time of year, there are many sweater dresses or long sweaters you can pair with leggings and wear as dresses.  Try the events!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3913 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.