"Sold Out" Listings in MP

Charity Steampunk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3775 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Certain sections of the MP are getting clogged up with semi-exclusive mesh items that are unavailable. If someone is offering only 15 copies of a mesh, for example, and sells them all, many creators change the title to read "Sold Out" instead of removing the item from the MP. They also tend to leave the demo version up.

I can understand why they do this... it's just more free advertising. What I don't understand is why LL allows it. You won't make another dime off them, so why let them clog up the listings and use up system resources?

Certain sections and searches already contain a high percentage of these useless ads, and it's only getting worse. Can't you like boil them in virtual oil or stick pixel pins in their eyes or something?

Come on, let's get on the ball and fix this already.

You know what is the sense of a sold out listing?

Remember to the people that YOU were the seller.. and now is soldout.. Why? because there are people that Steal Money cloning the listing of Valuable articles..  selling empty boxes.. 

Now you can be disgusted from a listing that remember you that an item is soldout.. but i get more disgusted by a scummer that clone the listing to steal your money..

like this two

Anastasia Guisse

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/154744

Naemie

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/125483

THIS IS THE REASON FOR A SOLDOUT LISTING.. TO LET PEOPLE KNOW (if they dare to look) WHO IS THE REAL SELLER.. AND THE REAL AVALIABILITY OF THAT ITEM

i repeat.. if you are more discusted from a SoldOut listing than a Clone/Scummer.. yw

Well that's a reason that a merchant might want to keep them up but it's pretty tenuous.  I still feel that they should be removed once the item is no longer available.

Although in the case of delivering an empty box, anyone see the issue here:-

issue.png

How about "Delivered product is NOT what it is advertised as".

Everything works in favour of the empty box seller since they're not actually selling copied items, just plain and simple deception and none of the above is appropriate to highlight such scams.

Closest would be "incorrect listing image" but the image would match the text and that selection was more appropriate after the big LL image mix up courtesy of LL.

Sassy Romano wrote:

Closest would be "incorrect listing image" but the image would match the text and that selection was more appropriate after
the big LL image mix up courtesy of LL.

(Bolding mine)

I still have three duplicate listings of items with the empty box image.  Fortunately the duplicates default to the main MP page but it still irks me to see those listings there, especially after being informed by CTL that they were all fixed.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3775 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.