Despritely Needing Help.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My daughter is being harassed by her former father, his alts, and through people whom he's asked to contact her. She has blocked majority of them but he has now made several groups referencing untrue and disgusting things about her. I have no clue what to do about this since blocking him is clearly not working. Please help me I don't want her to leave SL because of some jerk.

Thank you,

Smokey Morado ♥

Your daughter is doing the absolute right thing blocking as soon as possible.

Also, she does need to submit abuse reports via the "help" button, including a screenshot of any dialogues, group chats, anything that is defaming her.

Your daughter needs to ensure she writes concise abuse reports, stating facts.

Linden Lab do not get involved with silly little personal disputes, but using alts for the purpose of harassing someone is definitely against Terms of Service. No one has the right to mar the enjoyment of other residents in Second Life.

As for the ex-father/alts/etc causing problems in group chats, I would imagine that most people will see through such rumours, and not wish to be involved in such nastiness.

It can be very difficult, but your daughter needs to try as much as possible not to rise to the bait, to keep as silent with the ex-father and alts as possible - just silently submit abuse reports without telling ex-father of such intention. Hopefully Linden Lab will assess the situation and take action.

Other suggestions will follow. Please keep in touch with this thread.

If I understand correctly, the "ex father" has actually created groups devoted to defaming her. I don't know if LL would get involved, but I would certainly take screen shots of the group name, and all conversations you can (if you can) and file abuse reports, like Marigold said. You never know, they may do something. I am so sorry this is happening. It totally sucks. People can be so petty and childish, especially when they're hiding behind an avie. Feel free to look me up inworld if you need a shoulder! 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.