Rigged clothing moving around too much?

hellclad

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3791 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've only been doing this and reading around for like a month - just got around to finally making something around to materilize in SL as an actual item, and I did rig it using avatar.blend + using ctrl + p and did the automatic and did with automatic weights.

When I go into game and attach the said item to the Pelvis, they move around quite a lot, like a lot more than they should, bobbing up and down, etc so on so forth.

Is there anything that I might have did in the upload options that might have been wrong? Item in question is some short boxers for female characters, it flexes and goes down extremely far when walking.

I have only made a few rigged items (hair mostly) but I can tell you that automatic weighting is only a starting point. You need to test in your 3D program and repaint or copy vertex weights (just repeating I haven't done that :D) until your mesh moves with the body as close as you can get it. This means moving the skeleton around within your 3D software and noting where things "move around too much".

It seems like that is your most likely problem. Photos are always good. Sure someone that does this often will have a more complete answer .

It's fine and I appreciate the input and help, any chance anyone else has any or can elaborate more fully on those things mentioned about weight painting and such? I've really only been working on these things for a very short time so I don't understand 100% of the terminology or know all of the commands or shorthand inputs or tools for that matter in blender, but any direction at all would be appreciated.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3791 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.