I Almost got hacked - the change shows up on my feed.

Joy Larkspur

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3797 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

A month ago i unfriended some people, then I saw my avatar picture change (which was not something i initiated) while i was viewing my account on mysecondlife.com. So since I was already logged into my account I was able to change my password quickly. When i look on my Feed, my avatar name changed around that time (a month ago). My feed is viewable for the time being and the change can be seen: https://my.secondlife.com/joy.larkspur

Also i cannot remove ANY of the previous postings on my feed where the name is changed with the other avatar name! How do i remove those???? I want all connections with this avatar removed from my acct!

The timing of the potential hacking and this showing up on my feed, do i have any recourse on this person? It's eerie.  I have of course, muted the individual and his partner.....but are there any other steps i can take to ensure this person has no access to my account? Can a report be filed against this person, since there is proof of this on my feed?

Thanks ahead of time, for any answers you can provide.

* I wish there was a way to reply to the below responses - thank you! So it's just a bug - that is what i needed to know. I just want to make sure my account is secure. My mind is resting easier now, TY for your replies!*

2 answers to this question

That as absolutly nothing to do with being hacked and I have absolutly no idea how you came up with this idea, since even a hacked account has no magical ability to change the accountname...also you said you where logged into your account at that time, which also makes it impossible to steal your account and make changes.

What you see there is a common bug that happens with these silly feeds sometimes. Sometimes two existing accounts get mixed up in their feeds. Its nothing to worry about, but only LL can correct that. You have to conteact them first.

It had happen to me some months ago, but I don't care about it because I don't use the feed and many others ignore it as well.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3797 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.