why does the furniture move when i do

alshay2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3808 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

You asked this same question earlier today.  The answer is still the same one that Innula and Maddy nd LepreKhaun gave you then.  You are wearing the furniture.  Look in inventory.  If you're wearing an item, it will say "(worn on hand)" -- or whatever part of your body it's attached to.  So right click and detach it.  Next time, don't double click on it in inventory when you want to rez something.  Double click means "WEAR".  To rez something, just click, hold, and drag it to wherever you want it.

• Like 2

alshay2 wrote:

the furniture is not on my hand but if i move one   way the  furniture moves  the other way when i walk the furnitue moves in the room

If the furniture moves as you move, it has to be attached to you.  There are only two other possibilities, both much less likely:

1. The furniture is physical.  If so, it would behave like a beach ball.  It would bounce away from you if you bumped into it.  It would not do anything otherwise.

2. The furniture is scripted to follow you around.  Although pets and novelty items are oftn scripted that way, there's no point to scripting furniture to be a follower.

So, look in your inventory to see what is attached to you.  As I suggested, anything you are wearing will have a bold-faced note next to it that says (worn on ..... something.  If it's not your hand, it's another part of your body.  If you are wearing an object, it does not have to look like it's stuck to you.  It could be a few meters away, even.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3808 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.