Selling Items Through Affiliate

Syle Devin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3835 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm looking to introduce my up and coming brand, and first product, through finding venue owners who would let me have them place the product as an affiliate vendor in exchange for profit percentage, future free items, and major discounts to anything created under the brand.  I'm basically starting without anyone that knows of me, or my brand, so this is why I'm going to try this out.

Before it is mentioned I do plan to find owners with places that also fit the item I am creating. I don't want to cause anyone selling out and I want the product in places where it fits anyway.  I also have more objects planned for the brand don't want to wait and this first item encompasses the most important parts of what the brand is and will be. 

Now what I'm wondering about is if anyone has gone about marketing a product this way, or similar. If so was it successful? Or not? Also are there ways you have introduced new items other than just placing them in your store or on the marketplace? Any comments or suggestions in going about this are welcome also.

That's pretty much how I started out and yes it was successful for me.

If you are starting out (and it's the same advice thereafter) is to love your customers. If you want to have a business that grows, it is your customers who validate what you do by their purchases. It is also far easier to market subsequent products to a loyal customer base than have to seek new ones.

Check ego at the keyboard at login, focus on customer friendly behavior, dump the hostile shop policy in the bin!

Good luck.

I agree with Sassy 100%. The other thing that worked for me when starting my brand was to really decide who your target market is and find a few bloggers who reach that market. Give them a review copy and ask them to blog your products. Make sure they are syndicated in several big blog sites.

Best of luck!

Syle Devin wrote:

Now what I'm wondering about is if anyone has gone about marketing a product this way, or similar. If so was it successful? Or not? Also are there ways you have introduced new items other than just placing them in your store or on the marketplace? Any comments or suggestions in going about this are welcome also.

Because I make decorative items (1-prim animals and statues), I gave them to the owners or managers of some popular theme sims to use in the decor if they wanted to. I was clear that it was a "no strings" gift because I thought it might look good in their place.

The object had me as creator, and mt profile has a link to my in-world parcel and a link to my marketplace.

Very low-key and I think it helped.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3835 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.