Q about the new Firestorm update

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3848 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello - I have no idea where to post for help to this problem.  I also have the newest Firestorm update (not the Beta program out now.)  Since the last update, I have an ongoing problem with my Groups settings: every time I log into SL, my previous settings have changed and I am getting CONSTANT messages from Groups I belong to, when I have already set the settings for NOT getting Group messages, group chat, and/ or show/ don't show in profile.  I have to reset these settings each time I log into SL to correct what I have already corrected MANY times over.  In addition to getting Group messages and/ or Group chat messages, the Group will show in my profile when I have already set it not to.

I am using Windows 8.  I have tried to find this problem in Firestorm YouTube videos, wiki, and contacted Firestorm Support inworld over two weeks ago - no response  from them.  I cannot figure out what this would be listed under, so as to find possible help for the problem.  Can anyone help please?

Thank you,

Red52

Does the members list load completely?

This sounds similar to what happened with 'large groups," a bug that was fixed.  Attempts at changing settings failed to save.  When the fix was implemented and before it was in the FS Viewer, we were able to log in with the Official Viewer, change our settings, and then when we re-logged with FS our changes were there also.  So I might suggest that you try that.

Hi Perrie - if you are referring to the Groups lists,  I don't know if the members lists are loading completely or not.  I did think of going through the official viewer the other day, thinking we must have had to for some reason.  I could not find where to uncheck for Group chats, but did set for Group messages and 'Show/ Hide in Profile.'

Now today when I logged in, at first all of my groups were "showing in profile.'  When I checked about an hour later (without resetting), all previous settings for Show/ Hide were correct, so I have no idea what's happening now.

Red52

Red52 wrote:

Hi Perrie - if you are referring to the Groups lists,  I don't know if the members lists are loading completely or not.  I did think of going through the official viewer the other day, thinking we must have had to for some reason.  I could not find where to uncheck for Group chats, but did set for Group messages and 'Show/ Hide in Profile.'

Now today when I logged in, at first all of my groups were "showing in profile.'  When I checked about an hour later (without resetting), all previous settings for Show/ Hide were correct, so I have no idea what's happening now.

Red52

I don't understand a lot of it either.

I find quite often after a crash that all my settings are screwy and that it takes a second relog and they are back to normal.

TBH, I don't know if the group settings are saved locally or if they have to be retrieved from the server each time you log in. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3848 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.