how do i make clothing fit

VellaSaladar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3842 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

It depends on what sort of clothing you are talking about.  In general, though, you can modify many types of clothing with your standard Build/Edit tool, using the principles decribed in this Knowledge Base article.  And this one.  The trick is to immobilize yourself first.  You do that by using a pose stand.  There are thousands of them, free, in world and I'm fairly sure that there is one in the Library folders of your inventory too.  When you stand on a pose stand, none of your body parts move at all, so you are free to grab articles of clothing that are attached to you and move them around or re-size them as you wish.

Some kinds of clothing are sold with resizing scripts in them.  You will know if you have bought something like that because it will usually come with a notecard of instructions. When you activate a resizing script, it will present a menu of options for making the item larger or smaller, and sometimes for changing its color of the texture that's applied to it.  Most resizing scripts also give you the option of removing the script itself when you are done.  If you decide to do that -- sometimes a good idea -- then be sure that you have kept a backup copy in your inventory first.

Finally, some kinds of clothing cannot be adjusted at all.  Rigged mesh clothing, which is becoming quite popular with some people, cannot.  To wear it properly, you need to adjust your own avatar's shape instead.  (<rant> Personally, I resent that greatly.  I waste a lot of time in RL trying to make my body look like what someone else says it should look like.  I don't need that grief in SL too </rant>) To adjust your avatar, you'll have to go into Appearance mode, select Edit Shape, and use the various sliders to make parts of your body fit the designer's clothing.

• Thanks 1

There's 2 ways. With your mesh items you have to make yourself fit the clothing. Right click your Avatar, Appearance, Edit shape. This will take some time for you to practice and learn what all the sliders do. Save a copy of your current Avatar (looks like a t-shirt icon in your toolbar) because you will mess it up.

The next way with non-mesh clothing is right click Avatar, Appearance,edit outfit. The rest is simple, just don't forget to save a copy of your clothing before editing it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3842 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.