The Block button use to make grief and troubles away but no more it seems ?

whiwendy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3837 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

The block buttons use to make invisible those who give us grief by making Sl a difficult place to live and it was great to just block unwanted trouble makers, but now the block button only 'block them' without making them invisible to us, which is back to square one, what is the point to undo that function ??

Also I still can see his chat on the 'local' and so can he, plus he's avatar is not at all cloudly, he's perfectly visible after the block and even after coming back another day nothing changes, I still can read his chat and he or she even say 'hello' to give me grief for concern.. so something is wrong ?

1 answer to this question

Blocking works fine.  It makes the blocked avatar cloudy, not invisible.  If the blocked av were invisible, you'd walk into him all the time.  When he's cloudy, you know where he is, so you can avoid him completely.  AFAIK, it's been that way for a very long time.  BTW, you do know that blocking someone only makes it so that you cannot hear his chat or IM, right? That's all it has ever done.   A blocked avatar can still do all sorts of things that affect you -- like caging, orbiting, rezzing annoying objects .....  Because that's so, you should be very glad that a griefer is not invisible when you block him.  It's much better to see who is bothering you.

If you want to get rid of a griefer, you have to eject or ban him. That's a completely different process. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3837 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.