Physic Shape does not Match the Mesh Shape in Upload Window

Yoshi Bagley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3987 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey there,

a little Problem.

When I tried to upload my Mesh House with a Physic Shape, I get the following Problem:

Blender look:

blender.PNG

Upload Window:

bounding box upload fenster.PNG

Someone know this Problem?

I tried to apply scale, rotation and location in blender, but the problem is still there.

It only works, when I Join the 8 Objects from the House to 1 Object. But then I don't can use all my Material Textures...

Thank you very much!

You need as many objects in the physics mesh as in the visual mesh. The physics objects needs to be in the same order as the visual meshes in the respective collada files, to get the right one associated with each. In Blender, you can achieve this by suitable object naming and alphabetical ordering of objects, selectable as an export option.

• Like 1

If you don't want to JOIN the whole house, you can do as Drongel suggested (althought I admit I never figured that out - only the theory :) OR you can upload the mesh in SECTIONS linking enough so that you can keep the materials that you want. This almost always (in my testing anyway) ALSO gives you a lower land impact on the total build.

So four sections, eight section? I one time uploaded a build in fairly small pieces and linked inworld as I went along. It saved me a LOT of LI points and I also had an easier time with the physics. There is no reason in SL that you have to have your build all in one piece on upload.

Chic Aeon wrote:

If you don't want to JOIN the whole house, you can do as Drongel suggested (althought I admit I never figured that out - only the theory
:)

If you want to upload let's say 3 objects at once, you name the objects in your scene in a logical way (something you need to do anyway if you have a lot of objects in the scene):

Floor_LoD0, Walls_LoD0, Roof_LoD0

Floor_LoD1, Walls_LoD1, Roof_LoD1

Floor_LoD2, Walls_LoD2, Roof_LoD2

Floor_LoD3, Walls_LoD3, Roof_LoD3

Floor_PH, Walls_PH, Roof_PH

So just make sure all the LoD and physics versions of one particular piece are named the same (Floor, Wall, Roof). The uploader doesn't really recognise the similair names, but it picks the objects in an alphabetical order.

Naming the objects this way, both you and the uploader can't get confused about what's what.

If you don't like the codish style of names, you can replace the "LoD0" with "high" of course. Alternatively, you could give the corresponding objects the exact same name, so you'd have 5 objects called "Floor", 5 called "Walls" and 5 called "Roof". I would advice against this, but things might be managable if you put the different LoD versions in a separate layer.

Hi :)

Uploading 4 separate mesh objects together, each with its own physics mesh so that each Physics mesh gets associated with the correct mesh Object :

1)    Prefix the name of each mesh object with a letter so ( a, b, c, d, .......)

Prefix the name of each Physics mesh the same way ( a, b, c, d, ......)

(so that each object and each physics shape will appear in the same  Alphabetical order in the collada file )

Multipled Objects in Alphabetical order.png

2)  Select all the mesh Objects and export to collada .dae with the "Selection Only" box checked.

Then deselect those objects and select all the Physics shape meshes and export with "Selection Only" checked .

Upload the 2 files as usual, Objects file on the first page of Uploader, Physics file on the second.

When rezzed they will be a Link set  which can be unlinked from the edit panel.

hi :)

Yes your right , what I did was reuse the Physics shape from Two .......

Actually when I did a test upload and changed the linksets Physics shapes from Convex Hull (1.5) to Prim the LI went up from 2 to 10 ( Physics 9.6 ). So probably better to experiment with planes for something like that (7 meter high) anyways.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3987 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.