Sunk in the ground after edit appearance. Tried editing the Hover option, but still in ground. Help!

Shan24

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3841 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Okay, I've tried everything I can think of to get my avatar out of the ground, but so far, nothing works as a permanent fix.  I tried editing the Hover option in body shape, but as soon as I save it and close out of it, my avatar goes right back into the ground.  Why won't it stay above ground?  I've also tried the trick going into the Develop menu and correcting it that way, but nothing's working.  Someone please help!

2 answers to this question

Hi Shan,

Are you sure you clicked "Save" before closing the Appearance window? I often forget to do that. If your shape is no-mod, you probably wouldn't have been able to adjust the Hover slider, but perhaps you can, but the change cannot be saved because the shape is no-mod?

What happens if you switch out to a different shape and come back?

If you wish to continue working on this problem with us, come back and edit your question (via "Options" on the right) to provide additional information. Returning with a new question will make it more difficult for us to keep track of your progress and will push other's questions off the front page.

Good luck!

I had the same problem.  This worked for me:

I went to Develop->Avatar->Character Tests->Test Male  (backup your shape with another name before doing this, I don't know if it's necessary, but I did it anyway)

This resets your avatar to a basic one. Then, I started wearing my old things one by one, and I noticed it was my shape the one that had the problem.  I set the Hover value to 50, saved it and voila!!! Problem solved.

I hope this helps.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3841 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.